Thursday, January 17, 2013

Whats for breakfast?

"Okay so I am eating paleo now, how do I replace my greek yogurt and granola I had every day for breakfast? I mean what can I eat that won't take 20 minutes to make every morning?!?"

I get this question pretty frequently, instead of answering it 12 times a day, I figured I'd post a few recipes over the next few days.  

Before we start making breakfast, don't forget last night's leftovers, its not as cool as "Brinner" (breakfast foods for dinner) but "Dreakfast" (dinner foods for breakfast) is always an option.  In our house we rarely cook a meal without making extra portions.  Lots of extra portions.

This first recipe is super easy, takes very little time or effort and yields an amazing concoction of eggy-bacony heaven.  There are plenty of variations on this recipe, my favorite is bacon, peppers, and cooked onion with a little cayenne pepper scrambled into the egg mixture.




Scrambled Egg Muffins

Yield:  8 Muffins (2 muffins is one serving)
Time:  Around 30 minutes

Ingredients:
coconut oil or paper muffin liners
8 eggs
1/8 cup water
1/2 lb bacon, chicken, ham, or sausage, cooked and cut or crumbled into small pieces
2 cups diced vegetables (1 red bell pepper, 1/4 lb asparagus or broccoli and 1/2 yellow onion recommended, but use whatever is on hand)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper

Instructions:
1.   Preheat oven to 350℉.
2.  Grease muffin cups with coconut oil or line with paper baking cups. (Fill any remaining muffin cups with 1" of water, so they do not scorch while baking.)
3.  Beat the eggs in a medium bowl, if you'd like to add spices to your eggs, do it!
4.  Pour your scrambled eggs into the muffin cups, fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
5  Add desired COOKED meat, vegetables, salt, ground pepper, and any other ingredients you wish to your muffin cups.
6.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment